Friday, February 14, 2014

I am so completely crap at blogging..but...

 Its been a busy, busy month. Let me show you what Ive been up to........
This month was the bi-annual "Toy to the World Project".
The deal is they send you (for a small donation) a blank vinyl white bear- and you go hard and go creative.
Then, they are auctioned off and all proceeds go to charity.
This little dude is called "Aintnoyogi"- I don't know if he sold or not.....
This little dude is called "Politely mad".. and he was sold.
It was awesome fun... not sure if I will do it again.. but I hope I helped if only a little.
 Then... there was the Sketchbook Project. They send you a Sketchbook- you fill it in.. and then you send it back and it does the rounds of California before going to the permanent collection of the Brooklyn Art Gallery. I had only 2 weeks to get it filled in and sent back- so I was very limited in what I could do.. but I did it!!! It made it back just in time.So here are a few pages.....



 Then!!! My two favourite girls and I went to Sydney.... and we hit the Brett Whiteley Studio. I cannot tell you how much I loved it.. I could even go so far as to say it was a life changing experience ..but I won't....
 Then Miss M and I went to the Paramore Concert at Olympic Park . We loved it, but I think maybe I may have liked it better. ... since we went to Steel Panther- i think Miss M is ruined for normal bands.. LOL!!!!
Then there's been Uni. I have just started my final year. This year, I have chosen to investigate Poraijmos. (The Devouring). My family lore suggests that I am from Roma heritage  and it is something I want to learn more about, but I, like so many other descendants have no clue where to start.. because there are so many blocks in the way of learning due to the transient nature of the Roma, and the awful thing that was the Holocaust... it took so many pasts and histories away from so many families.
Anyway.. here are a couple of my experiments from the start of the unit...
 This is an excerpt of a Paul Celan poem- tattooed onto pig skin and thrown in the dirt.
Just in case you were wondering.


Also!!Last and by no means least....
If that weren't enough.. I am truly honoured to have been asked by my fellow Gauche Alchemist, the wonderfully talented Rachel Whetzel to be a guest contributor to A Day in the Life of an Art Journal.(Check the side bar, guys!!)..>>>>>
Every two weeks there is a prompt to get your art journal freak on!! So seriously, go have a look!!!
Even better, come play along...
Anyway.. I have an assignment that is calling me. Best stop procrastinating and get to it..
So.. Until next month.....
Love love, Debxxoo

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

These dolls are just cool! They are unique, awesome, and just fabulous. Of course, your other work is divine as well.